Academy of Religious Studies
Chaplaincy Nevada training is biblically based; which emphasizes Christ as the central figure and paradigm for all Christianity. Chaplains Certification and Academy studies and materials are endorsed after satisfying its specific education and training objectives outlined by the authority of Messages of Faith Ministry, E.D. and governing Chaplains body, of religious trainers. Chaplain Academy Body of Members must be Professionals in Education, Training, Pastors, Assoc. Pastors, Elders, Sr. Chaplains, Licensed Psych./Counseling.
Preamble: Chaplaincy is grounded in initiating, developing, discipling, and bringing an appropriate amount of education and training under Messages of Faith Ministry, and its Chaplaincy Nevada division through the Academy and Basic Religious Studies. This includes: Religious Studies and further education, Professional trained Overseer's, Teamwork and Collaboration, Ethical Practice which guides decision making and professional behavior, Confidentiality which respects the privacy of chaplains personal and educational information.
Religious Studies Graduation
Two (2) per year scheduled Spring & Fall.
Academy Director: SR Chaplain Michael Thrower Asst. Director: SR Chaplain Laquieta Cooks
2. SR Chaplain Graduation: Earn your in-house credits, complete your required classes plus 2000 Word Essay, and apply for your Spring or Fall SR Chaplain Graduation. You must apply 30 days prior to the graduation date.
* Upcoming SR Graduation: November 2nd 2019 @ 2PM
* Upcoming CPT Graduation December 7th 2019 @ 2PM CPT Course Completion 16 Sessions
Academy Course Levels
Basic Chaplaincy Certification: LEVEL 100 COURSE (Must Complete for SR Graduates)
24 hrs. Certificate Training: The Chaplains Basic training is an extraordinary and vigorous training course of commitment for completing its Phase I & 2 training, with a continuance of discipleship training through Phase 3.
Session 1. Chaplaincy
Introduction. What is Chaplaincy? Who is a Chaplain? Chaplain Requirements &Training. Emergency Role. Non-Emergency Chaplains.
Ministry, The Minister, Prayer, Prayer warriors, Cont. Education. Church Liaisons. Outreach Providers.
Law Enforcement /CIT. Warning Signs of Mental Illness- Alcohol & Drug Abuse. Elements of Crisis Intervention & Crisis Communication.
Gangs. Youth and Domestic Violence. Gangs and Schools. Signs and Symbols of Gangs. Female Gang Associates.
Religions, Interfaith Importance & Practices, Discipleship, Forgiveness, Community Services.
Chaplains Ordination: LEVEL 200 COURSE (Must Complete for SR Graduates)
12 Hrs. Certificate Training on Ordination & Anointing Sacraments.
Anoninting Ceremony-Church Recommendation Needed
-Power & Authority of God -Repentance -Faith in God -Great Commission
-Why Ordination? -What is Ordination? -Consecration. -Ordination Responsibilities
-Divinity - Grace -Salvation -Anointing -Leadership -Evangelism
Session 2: Application
-Understanding how to apply Bible Principles in Ministry.
-The application and usage of Scripture.
-Application and Principles of Ministering, Preaching, Teaching, etc.
-The Role of Chaplains & Church
Chaplains Academy: LEVEL 300 COURSE (Must Complete for SR Graduates)
Chaplaincy Academy of Religious Studies & SR Chaplain Graduate Ceremony.
Christian Apologetics Defending the Faith 101: Sessions 10
Instructor SR Chaplain Michael Thrower
Essentials of the Christian Faith. Christian Apologetics is the discipline of defending a religious position through the systematic use of scripture and information. Early Christian writers (c. 120–220) who defended their faith against critics and recommended their faith to outsiders were called apologists.
-The Heart of Apologetics -Bible Writings and Authorship -Christian Mandate from the Bible -Homosexuality Marriage -Denom. Offshoots of Christianity -Carnal Christians -The Truth of the Gospel -Social Issues (Politics/Abortion/Science) -Repentance & Salvation -Jesus & the Resurrection
Apprenticeship-Sermons, Bible Studies, Prayer Warriors: Sessions 8
Instructor SR Chaplain Michael Thrower
(In-class & Online) Toastmaster style, Prep & Workshop Class Templates are used in all 3 categories for creating individual presentations, and delivering them within the classroom. Online assignments include videos.
-Sermons -Bible Studies -Prayer Warriors
-Intern: Participation= 3 In-field events.
Services Course: Baptisms, Communion, Weddings, Funerals: Sessions 2
Instructor: Sr Chaplain Laquieta
Learn about the Sacraments as effective signs of grace, instituted by Christ and entrusted to the Church a Christian rite recognized as of particular importance and significance of religious tradition and ceremony.
-Session 1. -Baptisms - Communion
-Session 2. -Funerals -Weddings
Biblical Studies: Sessions 8
Instructor SR Chaplain Laquieta Cooks
66 Books Include: Old Testament Genesis - Malachi. New Testament: Matthew – Revelation.The Torah (Law), the Neviim (Prophets) &
Ketuvim (Writings). Learn the essentials of the Bible by studying the different break-down and sections of each book..
-Genesis -Exodus -Leviticus - Numbers -Deuteronomy -Gospels: Mathew, Mark, Luke, and John -History: Book of Acts -Pauline Epistles: Romans -
Philemon -General Epistles: Hebrews - Jude -Prophecy: Book of Revelation
Evangelism: Sessions: 2
Instructor SR Chaplain Anthony Williams
Christian evangelism explains the necessity of repentance and faith, and salvation through the grace of God alone, through faith alone in Jesus Christ. Biblical Evangelism is not defined by man made methodologies. Rather, Biblical Evangelism is defined by biblical, historical, and systematic theology.
-Evangelism -The Evangelist -Prayer -Crisis -Lost Souls -Salvation
Bible Foundations: Sessions: 4
SR Chaplain Laquieta Cooks
Build a firm foundation for biblical understanding through basic Bible content and beliefs, understand what it means, and learn to apply it to yours, and other lives.
-What is Baptism of the Holy Spirit -What are the Gifts of the Holy Spirit -Deep and Abiding Fellowship with Jesus -Gods Perfect Choice
-What is the Great Commission -What is the Second Coming of Christ -How to have Great Faith in God
Clergy Training: Sessions: 4 (1st Interval of CPT)
Instructor: SR Chaplain Annette
Learning counseling techniques, and training for clergy helps provide the advantage of being both trained in traditional counseling methods, and in the application of biblical truths and scripture, while helping others to resolve problems and crisis issues with the help of God's Word.
Topics: Into 101-Addictions -Mental Health -Addictions -Christian Coach/CPE
Book of Revelation: Sessions: 4
Instructor: SR Chaplain Michael
Discover and learn about the book and mysteries of Revelation.
Included: * The Past "Have Seen" *The 7 Churches *The Present "Things That Are" *7 Seals, Trumpets, Vials *The Future “Shall be hereafter” *The Return of Jesus*Battle of Armageddon *White Throne Judgment and more!
NON ACADEMY CLASSES & SPECIALTY: LEVEL 400 COURSE
Daughters of God
John Maxwell Training: Salt & Light
The Daniel Fast
Grow Your Ministry: LEVEL 500 COURSE– Empowering Group
ACADEMY SPECIALTY COURSE: CPT
SR Chaplain Graduates
Classroom/Event/Zoom Protocol & Etiquette
1. Professionalism- Expertise, competency, readiness, courtesy and respect should always be at the forefront when providing trainings, special events, etc., regardless if it is located with online zoom or live on location/classroom from instructors, presenters, hosts, leaders, and attendees.
2. Zoom: Leader/Hosts have the authority to oversee and control the online event and should always command the direction of the presentations, presenters, rules, guidelines, tools, materials, behavior, attendees, etc. The authority utilized must fall within the scope of MOFM Protocol that exists within the Ministry.
3. In Class: Instructors/hosts have the authority to oversee and control the setting, rules, training, and attendees insofar as the training topics, conversation, information, behavior, mood, attendees, etc. The authority utilized must fall within the scope of MOFM Protocol that exists within the Ministry.
4. Personal politics are not allowed and will not be discussed during trainings etc., unless it is part of the curriculum/ topic, or scheduled such as, i.e. Apologetics, Faith Is Live on current event segments.
5. ZOOM: All events and trainings must adhere to the same professionalism as conducted within live in-house facilities/classrooms.
6. Chaplains are invited to attend scheduled Zoom classes during unforeseen times and for their convenience to start or to maintain their trainings and/or townhalls, special events etc.
7. It is the privilege and pleasure of the Ministry and online leadership hosts to provide these opportunities to each one of you to help further your training.
8. Chaplain attendees are asked to adhere to the same professionalism whether their attendance is on location/classroom or on zoom from the very comfort of your home.
9. Follow the direction/instruction of your instructor/host
10. Instructors may remove any attendee for ignoring /disrupting any class protocol in-house or online.
11. Zoom online:
-Find somewhere comfortable to sit on a sofa/chair, a table, a desk
-Preparation- pen, paper, materials, Bible
-Proper comfortable attire
-Quiet space to train and interact
-Usage of the same in-classroom etiquette
-Manners and respect always
I n Class:
1, Come prepared with writing tools, home assignments, text/manual/handouts/Bible materials in print or digital.
2.Be on time for class: Zoom & Inhouse
3.Respect and courtesy is an absolute at all times.
4. Dress appropriately at all times, No heavy perfumes etc. due to others allergies.
5. Follow the instructors direction at all times
6.SIlence cellphones during class
7. CVD 19- follow the instructors and registration cdc rules sent to each student. per class, and all classroom regulations.
8, Snacks and drinks are permitted during the break sessions.
9. Always clean up your desk area before leaving for the next class.
10. No loitering on the premises after classes.
A. Disabilities: Continued: Contact your instructor prior to the class start date and advise them of your disability, or special needs to take into account and consideration so the instructor may properly work with you in class and on zoom to meet your comfort and needs.
Disabilities: Zoom application has not changed, attendees have the option to post a picture of themselves or showcase their name for attendance rather than go live/appear on zoom and therefore it allows them the ability to work from comfort and any position, room and location within their own setting, and still have complete function and participation in and throughout all classes and events.